- This event has passed.
Permaculture on a Mountain
September 14, 2013 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
The pioneer spirit is alive and well in Granite Falls! Come hear how David Capocci and his partners have carved out a thriving farm and guest ranch on a mountaintop outside of Granite Falls complete with chicken tractors, yurts, fodder feeding system, and unique gardens.
Paca Pride History
– The farm, land, and models
• Principles of Permaculture
– Design concepts, zones humus/tilth, integration and plants
• Building on a Gravel Pit
– Rotational grazing, chicken tractors, pasture planning
• Design Strategies
– Livestock, bedding, paddocks and dry lots
• Barley Fodder
– An alternative approach to livestock feed
There is no charge for the class | snacks will be provided | Please bring a lunch if you would like
Paca Pride Guest Ranch
28311 Mountain Loop Hwy
Granite Falls, WA 98252
This sustainable agriculture and water quality class is sponsored by Snohomish Conservation District and the Stillaguamish River Clean Water District to help residents protect water quality and encourage the sustainable use of resources.